Friday 6 July 2012

Waiting waiting waiting.

We were already to go to the airport jump on a plane and head for our holiday in sunny brisbane, then we got the call. Our 7.15am flight had been delayed to 12. That was fine by all of us as we would not have to get up at stupid o'clock. 10am rolls around and we are all ready to head to the airport. We get another call.....The plane is not leave now till 9pm. As you can imagine we are starting to become frustrated. We now had the day so we went for lunch and looked after a beautiful girl named Bella and visited a friend. Then we got another call......the flight had been canceled. I remained positive and though at least I am getting a holiday and how much worse can it get, right?
Well I was wrong. We had to get on a bus at 7.00pm from Hamilton to Auckland where we would stay in a hotel and catch the 8am flight to Sydney then Brisbane arriving at 2.00pm the next day.
Once again I remained positive, I was only missing out on a day and a half of my holiday I was still getting one so all good.
7.30pm still in Hamilton waiting on a disgusting bus with a broken seat.
8.00pm we leave the Hamilton airport with a bus driver who cannot drive a bus, he couldn't even get it in gear!
10.00pm we are lost in Auckland, a passenger had to tell the bus driver where to go.

Now I would say I am a very patient and tolerant person but I was getting to the end of my tether, and to make matters worse my cold/flu was getting worse and worse.
But hey at least we were at our hotel.

We waited in line and finally got a room and a free meal.

5.15am alarm goes off and a day of travel awaits. In the back of my mind I was still thinking we might not leave the country.
We checked in and Rachel remembered she had left her laptop at the hotel.
Off she went to get it while I got a coffee and waited for my flight.

 The fact that I had my boarding pass made it feel a little bit more at ease that I would see Brisbane today.

 I even colored my hair for the adventure.


  A coffee, some photos and few chapters later we were on a plane and we had made it to Sydney.
Now to catch a bus and another plane to Brisbane.



 Finally after a day of delays and another day of travel we made it!
I was full of energy and ready to explore, but as I made it to my amazing accommodation (photos to come) my nose blocked up my throat started to hurt, my head ached my body did too and I had lost my voice. What is happening!!!! I just want to see Brisbane and enjoy the sun.
So I went to bed hoping for a better day.

Good morning Brisbane. At 6.30am I woke up feeling worse but this was my view from my room.
I am determined to have a great day of sight seeing, eating and shopping. I will soldier on!
Talk soon. x



No comments:

Post a Comment